Saturday, May 22, 2010

JASPAL Fashion Workshop - 21/5/2010

Today, I have attend JASPAL Fashion Workshop at One Utama, Petaling Jaya. The workshop was started at 11.00a.m and ends around 1.15 p.m. This workshop is a collaboration between CIMB Bank and JASPAL.

 Above: the e-invitation from CIMB Bank

I registered myself at 11.15a.m. Thanks god! I thought I will be late for the registration but they are a lot of people standing outside enjoying the refreshment. Yup, they also provided refreshment for those who attend the workshop. The refreshment was so yummy (see the picture below). The yummiest things that I like is the orange juice which is imported from Aussie. I still could taste the freshness of the orange juice.

 Left: The refreshment, Right: The registration counter

During the registration I've got my goodie bag which is full with SPRING COLLECTON 2010 catalogue and RM50 voucher. Yeay!I'm going to redeem it soon. The workshop was started at 11.40 a.m by Peter Lum, a celebrity stylist. He's so energetic and loads of knowledge in fashion which make the workshop in fun time. He explain the 5 types of body types like pear, boy/model, hourglass, petite and celo - shape and outfit that a person should wear and not to wear. After a long talk together Q & A session, he announced to make a dress me up game.

 Left: Inside the goodie bag, Right: Peter Lum, celebrity stylist

In this game, 6 couples are competing which others couple. So, one girl/women will become a model and the other one will be her stylist. The challenge was each couple need to use the knowledge that they got during the talk and applied it into a great and suitable outfit for their partners. They are given about half an hour to complete the game. Others (include me, hehehe) will wandering around to check out the spring collection. Here I manage to shot a sort of 'gediks' moment when I found mirror! (^,~)

 Left & Right: My 'gediks' moments

and Here are the 6 couples:

From top left: Couple No.1, Couple No.2 & Couple No.3
From bottom left: Couple No.4, Couple No.5 & Couple No.6

Left: The top three models, Right: The best dress

and after a catwalk by the models and hearing an explanation from the sylist wannabe (^,~), we were voting for the best dresses and the top three was: Couple No. 1, Couple No.3 & Couple No. 5 and finally the top prizes goes to Couple No. 5! So damn cute since she's wearing a cute soft pinky dress, hot pink handbag and pairing with gladiators heel-in nude. I think I'm in love~ After the prizesgiving ceremony the workshop was adjourned at 1.15p.m. There will be another session (session 2: at 3.00p.m-5.00p.m). Okay, okay..times to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment